: In the fields of physical security and information security, access control is the selective restriction of access to a place or other resource.
The act of accessing may mean consuming, entering, or using. Permission to access a resource is called authorization.
Evolution of Access Control
Access control is continually evolving. Keeping the access control architecture up-to-date with changes in compliance, functionality and security can be a daunting task.HID Global's record of ground-breaking innovations continues with access control solutions, powered by Seos®. This award-winning solution is focused on innovative functionality, flexibility and secure communication between devices.
- Benefit from the highest level security and convenience in access control today
- Dynamic support of multiple credential technologies including iCLASS Seos®, iCLASS SE, standard iCLASS®, MIFARE®, MIFARE DESFire®, Prox and more
- Supports a wide range of form factors including cards, fobs, wristbands and mobile devices
- Ongoing development to deliver new features and functionality
Secure what matters the most
- Move beyond passwords to the next level of employee access experience with innovative logical access control and user authentication solutions
- Protect customers’ financial data and validate trusted transactions with our proven banking solutions
- Comply with the latest government mandates and provide secure access with comprehensive identity and credential management solution
Biometrics: “Who you are” authentication
Knowing with certainty who is performing a transaction is an essential part of a complete authentication solution. Biometrics is the only mode of authentication that can unequivocally validate a person's identity. HID Biometrics offers this certainty along with greater security and convenience — with no added complexity for the user.
The ability to couple and provide secure digital credentials on either a card, mobile and other smart devices, or with biometrics is at the core of what HID Global offers. HID Global’s Lumidigm® multispectral imaging technology is designed from ground up to provide:
- Superior biometrics performance in real world environments, irrespective of race, gender, age or physical conditions
- World class liveness detection, spoof prevention and proof of life
- The highest level of tamper proofing and data encryption for data integrity
Our biometric authentication solutions can be found around the world in a wide variety of applications. In Brazil, Lumidigm biometrics is widely used to access ATMs. In the US, it secures access to controlled medicines and medical records. In Hong Kong, the immigration department uses Lumidigm biometrics to secure borders.